Diamond Art

General Craft Chat that doesn't fit in any other area
Teg
Crafter Craze New Member

Diamond Art

Have any of you have every experienced the very tedious, repetitive, yet completely relaxing thing they call diamond art? It's where they have hundreds of thousands of small square/diamond shaped beads that you have to stick onto a canvas to create a picture/painting. You can have them custom ordered to include pretty much any picture you want whether it's a photograph of a pet or other loved one. Would this be considered crafting or more like a hobby? For those who have experimented with it, what do you like and dislike about it?

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: Diamond Art

I know someone who does this & they enjoy it. I looked into it further because the art was quite eye-catching. Reminds me of Paint by numbers. It IS quite tedious. The pen has two sides. One side picks up one at a time, the other side up to 4 so it can go faster. There is definitely a technique involved. Some people also make it high tech with apps.
I think it could be considered more a hobby. Being able to have custom orders would make these a great, albeit time-consuming, gift.
I opted to not try it as I think my fingers & wrist would clam up holding the pen for long periods.

Glitter
Crafter Craze New Member

I finished one and bought two more. I can only work on it about 15-20 minutes at a time as I get ....bored? with the repetitiveness. Which is a bit odd but then I get bored with repetitiveness in making lots of the same little coils for the quilling too. I do like the results though.

Queenquilts
Crafter Craze New Member

Which diamond art have you done ? Can you share a picture ?
Would it be a good Xmas present idea ?

Glitter
Crafter Craze New Member

I think it would be great!! Assuming you have the time and a picture you think they would like. You can see I haven't framed it yet, but I bought a gray frame and I think I'll put a piece of black paper behind it.