Preparing for Events/Festivals

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Professor

Preparing for Events/Festivals

Do you sell at Events or Festivals? If so, how do you prepare? What type of set up do you have? How do you curb theft? What tips would you give to others wanting to get started in selling at Events and Festivals?

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: Preparing for Events/Festivals

I used to sell my lotion balms & lipglosses at fairs. But I was also with another group of people who were sharing the 'booth'. That is what helped curb theft. The more people you have around, even if they just come to sit & chat, the less likely something will be stolen. Know your crowd as well. Keep vigilant. If somebody seems off, trust your instincts. Be friendly but alert.

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Professor

Re: Preparing for Events/Festivals

ZandraJoi wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:58 am I used to sell my lotion balms & lipglosses at fairs. But I was also with another group of people who were sharing the 'booth'. That is what helped curb theft. The more people you have around, even if they just come to sit & chat, the less likely something will be stolen. Know your crowd as well. Keep vigilant. If somebody seems off, trust your instincts. Be friendly but alert.
That's great advice to have more people together to help each other out with crowd control and theft. I would always be afraid of people swiping things and might have a camera set up with a big sign letting them know they're being recorded LOL