Insured Post

Any chat related to craft business, tips, requests, leads, where to host your site, etc
Ash
Crafter Craze Student

Insured Post

When delivering items to someone, do you make extra to make sure that the package is insured for the full value of the item? Or do you try to save money there by trusting the postal service?

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Professor

Re: Insured Post

I do not trust the Post Office, FedEx, UPS, all those lol Especially our Post Office. I'm not saying all are bad but they don't have the common courtesy they used to. We spend the extra money to insure the item & to ensure the person receives it. They've forged our signature for delivery before & that was even with the other person insuring to be sure WE received it. The postman didn't want to take the time to go down our driveway, wait for a signature, so they forged it & stuffed the package in our mailbox. We called the Post Office a few times to complain, but the Postmaster never got back to us.

tdbnz
Crafter Craze New Member

I always go for tracking on my parcels I sent no matter if it is to a friend or a buyer online because if you don't you are not covered

added bonus you can see were the parcel is if you have to ring up and ask about it

Ash
Crafter Craze Student

ZandraJoi wrote: January 1st, 2022, 10:26 am I do not trust the Post Office, FedEx, UPS, all those lol Especially our Post Office. I'm not saying all are bad but they don't have the common courtesy they used to. We spend the extra money to insure the item & to ensure the person receives it. They've forged our signature for delivery before & that was even with the other person insuring to be sure WE received it. The postman didn't want to take the time to go down our driveway, wait for a signature, so they forged it & stuffed the package in our mailbox. We called the Post Office a few times to complain, but the Postmaster never got back to us.
Was this after COVID or way before? It seems all the delivery companies now don't ask for signatures on delivery and they're using COVID as an excuse which is annoying.

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Professor

Ash wrote: February 14th, 2022, 2:26 pm Was this after COVID or way before? It seems all the delivery companies now don't ask for signatures on delivery and they're using COVID as an excuse which is annoying.
This was before. I do agree that using this virus as an excuse to not do it is wrong & annoying.

Alexander
Crafter Craze Handmade

It really depends on the value of product. You wouldn’t insure a 10 bucks piece for half the price, would you? But, if it was more than 100$, then it would make sense to make the investment for insurance. It would be cheaper than replacing it, using insurance cover on expensive goods

MisterBobbyPin
Crafter Craze New Member

I would recommend it. The post office loses things all the time. It's better to prepare than be caught barehanded.