Homemade vs Shop-bought Cards

Cumulus
Crafter Craze New Member

Homemade vs Shop-bought Cards

When a festive season comes around, or you are celebrating a special occasion with a friend/relative, do you prefer to make your own cards for them, or buy them from a shop?

I recently began to deviate from the normal shop-bought path, by ordering from Moonpig which does custom cards, but soon grew tired of the limited customisation and quite steep fees. This Christmas I began to explore creating my own gift-cards and find it a lot more creative.

What about you? Do you buy pre-made cards or try and make your own?

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

Re: Homemade vs Shop-bought Cards

I usually buy store bought but that's because they're easier to send through the mail than some of the homemade ones that have some glued on details.

Napkin Head
Crafter Craze New Member

My aunt (who sadly passed away a few years back) really enjoyed making her own cards.

..it seems like a pretty good way to recycle - if only I had the time to spend doing it! :lol:
Umbrella Online
A Resident Evil and survival horror gaming fan community.

Ash
Crafter Craze Student

When I was younger, I used to make homemade cards for my parents. But nowadays I just buy shop-bought cards. It's just easier especially as most people I know don't really care about cards that much

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

I haven’t given cards in a long time. We don’t do gifts either. We just gift the “time” spent with a loved one. But to answer this, I preferred making my own. I did that since I was a kid. I’d write a nice poem, create it for the individual, make it one of a kind. My husband also used to make his own cards. While I was more on the written aspect, he does the art.