Quilling

Glitter
Crafter Craze New Member

Re: Quilling

Mmmmmm - that's a good idea, I'll have a look. I'm pretty sure I've missed them this year though.

scooter
Crafter Craze New Member

KMO Studio wrote: September 21st, 2021, 12:30 pm 10 years is still a long time for a piece of art!

I am getting arthritis in my fingers and wonder if this would make it worse for me? It seems more and more of the crafts I love are hurting my hands.
I Am Not A Doctor, as they say, and I don't know the specifics of the situation, but...my wife is currently rehabilitating her hand after breaking it in six different places, and one of the things she is doing is knitting. Her physical therapist said that it was a good idea to do it as much as she could.

Now, obviously, that is going to be different than something which is degenerative like arthritis, but you may wish to talk to your doctor and see...
Another message from...
SCOOTER

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

scooter wrote: October 10th, 2021, 1:22 pm
KMO Studio wrote: September 21st, 2021, 12:30 pm 10 years is still a long time for a piece of art!

I am getting arthritis in my fingers and wonder if this would make it worse for me? It seems more and more of the crafts I love are hurting my hands.
I Am Not A Doctor, as they say, and I don't know the specifics of the situation, but...my wife is currently rehabilitating her hand after breaking it in six different places, and one of the things she is doing is knitting. Her physical therapist said that it was a good idea to do it as much as she could.

Now, obviously, that is going to be different than something which is degenerative like arthritis, but you may wish to talk to your doctor and see...
I could try. I do knitting and it's slightly different fingerings than working with crochet. Different thickness yarns also makes a huge difference.