Aquarium using Acrylic

Nova
Crafter Craze Student

Aquarium using Acrylic

I think making aquarium project out of the acrylic can be pretty interesting summer project. I was checking it out for various designs with the light in it. I found some really cool though it is kind of expensive. So I had to keep myself from proceeding.

Have you checked out acrylic based aquarium projects?

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

Re: Aquarium using Acrylic

Do you think you could make it out of a different shape instead of rectangular? That would be really fun!

Nova
Crafter Craze Student

I think perfect rectangular is necessary because we are kind of storing water and also making the option for the filter and the cleaner. So that is one reason.

Razor1911
Crafter Craze New Member

Nova wrote: March 4th, 2021, 1:36 am I think making aquarium project out of the acrylic can be pretty interesting summer project. I was checking it out for various designs with the light in it. I found some really cool though it is kind of expensive. So I had to keep myself from proceeding.

Have you checked out acrylic based aquarium projects?
If you are creating it with acrylic sheets, then rectangular shapes would be better. Though I won't recommend to use acrylic, as these are scratchy and more prone to distortion with time. As far as possible, use glass.

And yeah, I actually had an acrylic aquarium at my office about 2 years back, but I had to replace that with glass one for the same reason I started above. Though, it is obvious that if you go for glass, it will cost you more than double.

Nova
Crafter Craze Student

I recently checked out the aquarium in cylindrical shape. Something like this definitely looks like a good project to me. Worth checking out to be honest.

Ash
Crafter Craze Student

That looks pretty cool actually. My only concern would be that it's quite small so I guess you're limited to what aquatic life you can place inside them.

Shole
Crafter Craze New Member

Nova wrote: September 12th, 2021, 1:57 am I recently checked out the aquarium in cylindrical shape. Something like this definitely looks like a good project to me. Worth checking out to be honest.

I have been thinking for a while to buy an aquarium, but I might reconsider and make one for myself using this video. It looks great and easy to follow, kudos to the creator and kudos to you for sharing :D