Ceramic tile coasters

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Elite

Ceramic tile coasters

https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/ ... -coasters/

We have some wooden ones we bought a long time ago. I have seen articles & videos on making coasters but thought this was a better one with ceramic. You can find tiles at a home center. Just need to glue on small bumpers & you are good to go!
They also have it where you can use flooring samples.
What a cheap way to make something that so many people use!

Shortie
Crafter Craze Student

Re: Ceramic tile coasters

The link doesn't seem to be working anymore which is a shame. Whenever I look for coasters all I seem to find are wooden ones and as much as they do work, they nearly always end up having to be thrown out. Ceramic sounds like it would be better than wood and maybe even last longer and would be a great thing to make for things like gifts as who isn't looking for coasters?

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Addict

Shortie wrote: January 12th, 2023, 7:45 pm The link doesn't seem to be working anymore which is a shame. Whenever I look for coasters all I seem to find are wooden ones and as much as they do work, they nearly always end up having to be thrown out. Ceramic sounds like it would be better than wood and maybe even last longer and would be a great thing to make for things like gifts as who isn't looking for coasters?
I wonder why they removed it?

Here is a link that shows the image of what they're supposed to look like:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/8-e ... -projects/

Shortie
Crafter Craze Student

KMO Studio wrote: January 13th, 2023, 9:53 am
Shortie wrote: January 12th, 2023, 7:45 pm The link doesn't seem to be working anymore which is a shame. Whenever I look for coasters all I seem to find are wooden ones and as much as they do work, they nearly always end up having to be thrown out. Ceramic sounds like it would be better than wood and maybe even last longer and would be a great thing to make for things like gifts as who isn't looking for coasters?
I wonder why they removed it?

Here is a link that shows the image of what they're supposed to look like:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/8-e ... -projects/
Thank you for the link :) they look really nice. Something like that would be really nice in say a Thanksgiving or Christmas theme for a gift. Definitely look like they would last longer than wooden ones.