Christian Banners?

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Tutor

Christian Banners?

I am not sure how many churches still make their own handmade banners to hang in the sanctuary but I would love to see what your church has created!

TopSilver
Crafter Craze New Member

Re: Christian Banners?

This reminds me of the school I used to go to called Calvary Church when I was about 4-5 years old. They had this shop where you could buy all kinds of crafts and stuff like that. One thing that interest me was their jesus pieces they sold. Some were gold and others were wooden but there was plenty to get from that little store in the church. The church is actually quite big and the front is shaped like a crown. It's a very old church I used to go to in Charlotte, NC
https://www.mindpiff.com - Mind Piff Discussion Community

Rebecca
Crafter Craze New Member

I remember beautiful needlework in church when I was a child. We were Lutheran and there was a ladies guild that made banners, etc for the church I am almost sure. I remember the pastor wearing interesting vestments I suspect were handmade. I am no longer a Lutheran but miss the way church was back then.

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Tutor

Rebecca wrote: November 24th, 2020, 4:55 pm I remember beautiful needlework in church when I was a child. We were Lutheran and there was a ladies guild that made banners, etc for the church I am almost sure. I remember the pastor wearing interesting vestments I suspect were handmade. I am no longer a Lutheran but miss the way church was back then.
Our ladies guild used to make a lot of banners too and they had a special case to store all of them in! It was great looking through them to see the talent :)

tango
Crafter Craze New Member

We have some that we hang that we bought from somewhere online.

What I'd really like to see is to get the kids to draw stuff, pull it all together in a graphics package, and then have some banners printed.