I got a sewing machine!

Sharon
Crafter Craze New Member

I got a sewing machine!

Someone had sold me their Singer sewing machine for $40 and it came with a travel bag. I don't see me lugging the machine around but it's nice being able to put it away when not in use. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to use it yet. I tried reading the manual but got intimidated. I will have to hunt down a youtube tutorial when I find the courage!
Serene Distraction
Your Online Creative Arts Community
http://serened.proboards.com

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: I got a sewing machine!

Congrats! My parents have a very old one that my dad was using. We had bought one but he likes to tinker around more so we gave him ours. One thing good about Youtube, you can find so many tutorials on a variety of topics. If not, can always do a search for blogs, even forums.

Sharon
Crafter Craze New Member

I ashamed to admit that I still haven't looked it up yet. It's definitely on the to do list, obviously hadn't made it a priority item though. Oops!
Serene Distraction
Your Online Creative Arts Community
http://serened.proboards.com

Empire
Crafter Craze New Member

Is it me but it seems far too cheap for it to be $40 unless it was a used product? I mean I do not know much about it, but I know that I spent over $150 on a machine as a gift some very long time ago. Then again what are the brand and specs?

well, it's cool and at least it's something to learn and play around on :)

Nomad
Crafter Craze New Member

I don't have a sewing machine but I have been thinking about buying a sewing machine for a long time. I am not much into sewing, therefore, I do not want a fully functional machine but a small hand operated machine that will help me mend my clothes when torn. The machine that I have in my mind costs $20.