Pumpkin Decorating

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

Pumpkin Decorating

Not everyone wants to carve their pumpkins! My daughter decorated hers and it lasted for many months after.

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: Pumpkin Decorating

How did she make the spiders? Did she hot glue these on? These are another idea for selling at booths. I'm going to show this to my parents. Give my dad something to think about when he has a ton of pumpkins coming in in the fall :)

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

She used a glitter paint for the spiders. I think if we had stored it in a cool basement it might have even lasted for years!

scooter
Crafter Craze New Member

I'm wondering if it would be possible to put down a layer of lacquer or something similar as a sealant? You might wish to choose one that is non-reactive and non-catalyzed to avoid yellowing.
Another message from...
SCOOTER

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

scooter wrote: October 10th, 2021, 1:39 pm I'm wondering if it would be possible to put down a layer of lacquer or something similar as a sealant? You might wish to choose one that is non-reactive and non-catalyzed to avoid yellowing.
I'm trying to remember if we sprayed the pumpkin with anything? I do artwork so I have all kinds of sealants ranging from matte to glossy and are archival quality for art so it wouldn't yellow. It's just that pumpkins rot when in a warm house so of course it didn't last as long as we really wanted.