Easy Christmas Stocking for Pet

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

Easy Christmas Stocking for Pet

I had a large Santa hat that was ruined and wanted to turn it into a Christmas stocking for my daughter's guinea pig. Scissors and hot glue was all I needed.

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: Easy Christmas Stocking for Pet

We have a monthly sale at my parents & there's 3 older Santa hats in there we've been trying to sell! We try to entice people with different ideas for projects so I'll keep this in mind that they can make a stocking with these. Do you have an explanation of how you cut the hat to make the stocking?

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Elite

ZandraJoi wrote: August 20th, 2021, 12:12 pm We have a monthly sale at my parents & there's 3 older Santa hats in there we've been trying to sell! We try to entice people with different ideas for projects so I'll keep this in mind that they can make a stocking with these. Do you have an explanation of how you cut the hat to make the stocking?
I actually just winged it and didn't use a pattern. I probably could have found a pattern online, printed it and then traced around it twice if I thought about it. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing because my daughter pointed out that the piggy didn't have a stocking and everyone else did.

PGen98
Crafter Craze New Member

I think this is a fantastic idea for making use of a ruined santa hat, how inventive! We've got a few of them here that could do with going in the bin, but might make great stockings for our two cats! That could be a fun project, indeed!