Guinea Pig Fleece Tunnel Review

Reviews of patterns, tutorials, other projects, materials, supply sites/stores, etc
KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Professor

Guinea Pig Fleece Tunnel Review

I made these 2 years ago when my daughter's guinea pigs were living with us and they absolutely loved them! I have made probably 4 of these tunnels and found that the thinner fleece dries faster in the dryer but the thicker fleece allows the openings to stay open better.

What I love about these tunnels is that I had the supplies already and the guinea pigs love how soft they are and warm for winter too! It's a little complicated sewing without using the video.

The changes I made to my tunnels is I used a waterproof mattress pad inside and that helped keep the piggies drier inside.

What I didn't like was that the layers got so thick that my sewing machine needles kept breaking.

Here are my photos:

The instructional video is here:

Rating: A
Pattern ease:with video A-
Did it turn out like the photo from the website? Yes but I made mine slightly larger to accommodate fatter piggies.
What did I like about the pattern? I liked that it was perfect for what I wanted and the piggies could hide easily in it but still be accessible when needed.
Would I recommend it to others? Yes if you know how to use a sewing machine and are willing to make more than one so you can wash/dry one and have the other one on hand for use as it dries.
Cost of pattern: Free
Cost to make project: I had all the supplies on hand but the cost of fleece will be under $10 if you have to go out and purchase supplies.

ZandraJoi
Crafter Craze Tutor

Re: Guinea Pig Fleece Tunnel Review

Very cool idea! Would this work for other pets? Say, hamsters, ferrets, cats, etc? Of course, would have to be bigger for some creatures lol We used to have a 'tunnel' for our cats when they were younger that they loved. That's why I asked what people think about expanding this for other pets.

KMO Studio
Crafter Craze Professor

Re: Guinea Pig Fleece Tunnel Review

Yes, you could alter the pattern for other size animals! I think that most animals would enjoy these tunnels. If I could get a human sized one made I'd enjoy it! Haha