Looking to learn to crochet

Lee

Can anybody provide me with any resources that are useful for a beginner to learn? I have no experience at all, but very keen to learn.

I want to make blankets and throws mainly, in varying thickness and style.

Lee said:
Can anybody provide me with any resources that are useful for a beginner to learn? I have no experience at all, but very keen to learn.

I want to make blankets and throws mainly, in varying thickness and style.

I learned a little from my mother and then also by checking out some books from the library. I wish YouTube was around when I first learned so I wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

Here is a beginner's video:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=285&v=GcOzdAzmtNM&feature=emb_logo[/media]

My spouse purchased a few beginner kits off of Amazon. Though it would possibly be cheaper to just purchase a kit, and yarn from your local craft store. One of my coworkers is wanting to learn how to crochet, she tried following these beginner videos but couldn't really grasp it. Though everyone learns differently. :)

Crochet is something that seems to be getting more popular at the moment, I have often said I would love to look into it and start myself but have not as of yet.

I know they do starter kits that can help you learn and I always say that YouTube is your friend when it comes to things such as tutorials for learning and crochet is definitely one of the many things you will find on YouTube :)

Good luck on your crochet journey!

Back