Knitting Clothes

I have knitted some clothing items, mostly for babies though. It's a lot of work and I like to have things done in a day, so that's why I stick to baby items.

When I used to work at Walmart, one of my coworkers would knit clothing for people. Though mainly she stuck to baby clothes and eve knitted some clothes for a few of my coworkers who were expecting. She was the only person I knew who knitted clothes.

I would think knitting for babies would be easier than full grown adults.
How much time would it take roughly to make simple baby clothes? Is it worth the time & effort since babies can grow so fast?

I would think knitting for babies would be easier than full grown adults.
How much time would it take roughly to make simple baby clothes? Is it worth the time & effort since babies can grow so fast?

For basic clothes, it can take a while, and what I've found is the fit can be awkward unless you have the baby there in person to measure. Getting a nice knitted piece of clothing as a baby shower gift is something that's memorable and a keeper too! It probably fits at some point even!

I always remember when I was younger, I used to always see my mum knitting clothes and I got interested. She showed me how to knit and even bought me my own knitting kit specifically for my age.

My mum always used to knit clothes for me and my brothers, I always remember my mum knitting me a liquorice allsorts jumper once.

I have never attempted to knit clothes myself aside from scarfs when I was younger.

Back